Are you ready for Google’s Page Experience update?
10 March 2021
Posted by: Janna Caley
Here are some questions that will help you identify ways in which you can grow your business, and areas where you could make improvements, because if you answer ‘no’ to any of the below questions it probably means that you are losing out on potential business.
If you spend just a little time to go through these questions and actually act on the areas where you could improve upon, the results could be astonishing!
1. Can you and your team name three things that set you apart from the competition – your unique selling benefits?
3. Do you know where you want to take your business in 12 months/3 years/10 years time? Do you have it documented? Do you know how you will achieve it?
4. Have you tested pay per click search engine advertising to increase traffic to your website?
5. Do you know which target markets you want to penetrate? Do you have a plan in place to target these markets to ensure you generate leads?
6. Has anyone ever reviewed your website free of charge and told you how you could improve it to attract more traffic?
7. Have you tested Direct Mail to attract new customers? Did you accurately measure the results?
8. Are your adverts powerful direct response adverts that compel the reader to contact you – or are they mundane like all the competition?
9. Do you advertise in certain publications just because your competitors do?
10. When you speak to a potential new customer, do you use words that set you apart from the rest and immediately capture the customer’s attention?
11. Do you obtain and use testimonials from your best customers?
12. Do you offer something of value to your website visitors in exchange for their contact details?
13. Do you set up an ongoing communication with qualified leads consisting of phone calls, letters and emails?
14. Do you send regular email communications to your customers and prospective customers?
15. Do you have an excellent lead generation process in place?
16. Have you tested PR to attract new customers? Did you accurately measure the results?
17. Do you know how to write a press release to instantly grab the attention of the person reading it?
18. Do your team understand that the best way to sell is to ask questions?
19. Do you rent or purchase mailing lists of your target customers?
20. Do you look after your current customers?
21. Do you know why it’s important to include a ‘PS’ in all of your sales letters?
22. Do you communicate by mail, email and telephone on a frequent basis to your current customers to ensure they know what you have to offer?
23. Do you use just one or two ways of marketing to promote your business? Do you know why you should be using between six and ten?
24. Did you know that if you follow up a mailshot with a phone call you can increase response rates by 100 – 1,000%
25. Do you realise that your competitors probably answered ‘no’ to even more questions than you did?!
Pick just three of the above that are important to you and take some action today to improve those areas. Come back to this blog in the weeks and months ahead and see how many you have implemented and measure the results/impact that it has had to your business – you might be surprised!!
Contact us now for more information or for help implementing any of these marketing techniques.
Article adapted from Chris Cardell
We work with clients from start-ups to household names.
If you’ve got a project, get in touch and we’ll get going!